Coffee and smokes and cold Diet Cokes are what pretty girls are made of. x. Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you will land among the stars.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Diet days tickers

LilySlim Diet days tickers

Thursday 30 June 2011

i love london

i always have, even before i had ever been there i wanted to go, and wanted to live there when i grew up. i thought perhaps that the novelty of the capital would wear off after a few time of going, but it hasn't, its just got stronger!!

i went there on Monday with my dad who had a hospital appointment in the pain clinic of this hospital. i think i may apply there for my psychology placement year.

we went shopping after <3

i still love, love, love it!!

the people, the places, the buildings, the atmosphere. even the tube :)
and the sun was shining (everything is better in the sun!) it was the perfect heat for me (i.e. very hot)

i knew i wanted to live there before, but now i cant wait!! although my boyfriend told me today that he doesn't want to move there :( however - he has never been there so he may change his mind :)



on a slightly more down note - my dad was being weird about food. I've said before that he's not used to my eating habits, one; because he doesn't live with me and two; because he eats loads himself.

when i got in the car, one of the first things he asked was if i had had breakfast. i lied and said yes. he stopped off for fuel and was almost confused when i said i didn't want any sweets or chocolate - (it was about 8am!). i bought a large apple with me and made a point of eating it in front of him and telling him it had filled me up.

he then went into a cafe and had a fry up (uuurgh) and acted weird when i said i didn't want anything, i wasn't hungry yet - especially if we were gonna get street food from Camden.

he made a couple of comments about me being too skinny, and the worst - "you keep on talking about food - it's starting to worry me." wtf?!

we got a small carton of mixed Chinese food for lunch - noodles, a few bits of random fried chicken, a spoonful of sweet and sour chicken, spoonful of chicken in black bean sauce and some weird fried crab stick thing that was meant to be a prawn with veg. i was wanting him to eat half, but he said he wasn't hungry, even though it was a while since he ate. i think he was trying to make me eat it all. but he ate some anyways - i said i didn't like the fried chicken things after i nibbled a bit, and i left a lot of the noodles and the sauce at the bottom.

we did a lot of walking and stair climbing that day, so i think i would have burned a lot of it off.

but he kept on asking me (especially on the drive home) if i was hungry. how could i not be hungry? we could stop off somewhere if i was hungry? was i sure?

uurgh!! i had to point out after he said "all you've had is toast, an apple and half a Chinese, how are you not hungry?" that he hadn't eaten since his fried "breakfast" at lunch time several hours ago. that soon shut him up. he didn't stop at services on the way home though (thank god) because he wanted to get home more than he was hungry. took me several attempts to tell him that i wasn't hungry, and even if i was i didn't want a burger king or KFC.

uurghhh. hope he doesn't carry on like this!

on the plus side - i didn't gain anything after that Chinese - in fact, was 105 the day after, even with my period :)

4 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of you. :P
    I have ALWAYS wanted to visit England and go to London!
    Ugh, sorry to hear that your dad is being weird.
    My dad could care less, haha.
    My mom is the one that is freakin' about my eating habits.
    I am sure it will pass.
    Hang in there. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cities, everyone around here thinks I'm weird for it. I hope to go to London one day. I'm sorry to hear your dad was bugging you all day, hopefully he isn't on you all the time about food. Sounds like you had a lovely day aside from that though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you love London so much, you should move there! It would be awesome!

    Your dad is just worrying about you. It's a parental thing. But now that he's worried he's going to start noticing, so you need to be careful around him.

    Stay strong! 105 is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to live in londan! but I doubt I could leave San Francisco.
    Dads can be pain in the asses but they just want whats best for you, but believe me if hes buggin you then hes noticed and he'll be keeping an eye on you. You might have to get sneaky now that he has noticed!
    Stay strong

    ReplyDelete