Coffee and smokes and cold Diet Cokes are what pretty girls are made of. x. Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you will land among the stars.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Diet days tickers

LilySlim Diet days tickers

Friday 24 June 2011

sleepy and slightly hungover ...

yet the first thing i do, as usual, is:
  • go to the loo
  • get naked
  • weigh myself
  • get dressed
  • check blogger
  • check my calorie counter
same old, same old. not feeling too good right now, probably just the left over alcohol in me, and the fact that we ate reeeeeally late last night :/ it was my birthday :) had a pretty good day shopping with my mum. only had a quarter cup of lucky charms in the morning, and a small slice of cake in the evening, which I'm hoping i burned off  shopping.
(something good (and bad) - i kept on seeing my reflection and thinking that i looked skinny :) (i was wearing these tight leggings). and i tried on these size 6 shorts, and they were too big! a bit scary but nice! i didn't get them because i thought my mum might say something. so i got these other nicer ones - size 8 but with this cute belt so they dont look too big :) )

my boyfriend had a bad day at work, so had to push back out dinner reservation till nine. i hadn't even been hungry all day, and that seemed ridiculously late, but i had been looking forward to trying this new Nepalese restaurant for so long, so i didn't mind.
although, because it was so late i had to make out that i was starving, because he was, so we got starters as well as main. i had this spicy prawn thing, which i didn't really like as they weren't king prawns (only the fancy ones for me, haha!) so i managed to get him to eat most of it. there was, i dunno - a cup of prawns there? (I'm rubbish at guessing and English so this cup thing is something I'm trying to learn as a lot of things on my calorie counter are measured in cups. it's also easier to guess cup sizes than grams if you don't know how much it is!!)

his starter was amazing. i was considering getting it, but didn't for some reason. it was charcoal grilled lamb (the lamb bit being probably why i didn't get it!) with these amazing spiced onions. i managed to get away with mainly eating the onions :)

for main i had special mixed chowmein "Gurkha Style" was pretty yummy :) of course, i spent half the time trying to guess the calories (sigh). it looked like a massive portion, but the plates weren't that big, so i think it was about a standard serving of fine egg noodles, like the do the sharwoods ones, which is about 250 cals. so i guessed around 500 for the whole meal, just in case. probably way off haha!

my boyfriend had this king prawn curry, with sag aloo and egg fried rice. for some reason i tried it a few times, even though the first time i didn't really like it. suppose it was a "let me try again, just to make sure!" but no, it tasted waaaay to creamy and heavy, like i could literally taste the cream.

and we shared a bottle of red wine. i probably had more - i just wanted one glass but he insisted!!

then he gave me my presents :) these CD's i wanted, a DKNY watch (which must have been pretty expensive as i already have one - not sure why he bought me a new one, bless him, but its lush!). aaand ... the biggest box of Thornton's chocolates, dark classic collection with all of my favorites and not one single one that i don't like.

oooh, he knows me too well. well, the old me. he doesn't know how much the new me is going to obsess over those chocolates! i had three last night, they were soooo good, and it was so hard for me not to have more - but they're approximately 65 calories each, and there's 50 of them! 3250 calories in the box - if the estimated calories is right!!

so I've made some rules:
  • keep the box downstairs, preferably out of sight.
  • only allowed three a week at the end of a week if its been good.
  • be generous - try and get others to eat as many as possible!
i feel a bit bad about the last one, but if i make sure my boyfriend gets loads, that's fine :)


soooooo ... (long post!) the scales just said 107. 1 pound up from yesterday, but its not too bad with my really late dinner, should go down tomorrow. bit worried about this weekend - going to the grandparents on Sunday as usual. i bet she will do a roast again. i bet it will be lamb :/ then going to London (YAY) with my dad on Monday. we're going really early as he has a hospital appointment at half ten, so i can pretend i ate before we left, maybe take some fruit for when he suggests a drive through. he doesn't live with me so isn't used to my eating habits, but never has been - he would be amazed when we went to stay with him that i would have one piece of toast for breakfast or one small bowl of cereal.

anyways - that's going to be another piggy day, as the street food stands at Camden market are amazing, and always give out free samples which are hard to resist. *cries inside*

however - one ray of hope ... when i weighed myself yesterday 4 days after pigging out 150% all weekend - i was back to 106! i was amazed - sooo happy! nice little birthday present to myself :) still haven't decided on my goal weight yet, but i think i'll wait till next week till all the food calms down a bit. but then there will be the Sunday after that, and another one of my grans delicious calorie laden meals, which  i cant help but compensate for after. :/ maybe i should just let Sunday be my day off. maybe ...

uugrgh, i need to go running - havent in ages!

anyways (if you managed to get through all my ramblings!) hope everyone is good, and I'm gonna go now before i bore you anymore! :)

3 comments:

  1. Lol, I liked this post. :)
    Yum, food.
    CHOCOLATE!
    I would die of happiness if my boyfriend gave me chocolate, lol.
    It is my favorite. :)
    I am really hungry.
    I am going to go eat now.
    Cheers!
    Have a great day; you deserve it!
    Stay positive, stay beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is a size 6 in American sizes? But I'm 99% sure if you're only 107 pounds there's no way you're a U.S. size 6. I was a size 6 I was 135 pounds. lol. You are 30 pounds lighter, you HAVE to be more like a 0 or 00 in US! Which is super tiny!! I love it!!

    While you're at your grandmas, try drinking two big glasses of water 20 minutes before you eat. You'll eat a lot less (because you'll get full a lot faster).

    good luck and have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a UK 6 is a US 4. i've wanted to try on a size 0 (UK 4) for a while, as i have a feeling i may squeeze in lol ! but i havent seen any highstreet shops that do any smaller than 6's, most of them dont even do that!
    i will definately try the water thing :) plus it's meant to be really hot, so yay for that, and an excuse to fill up on water :)

    ReplyDelete