Coffee and smokes and cold Diet Cokes are what pretty girls are made of. x. Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you will land among the stars.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Diet days tickers

LilySlim Diet days tickers

Tuesday 26 July 2011

Was that the beginning?

I went shopping with my Mum yesterday - I had to buy some new leggings. All of my size 8(UK) jeans are too big for me. Even with a belt they are baggy everywhere else, and just don't look right. So leggings it is; and I was getting bored of my variations of plain black or wet look black.

So I got some grey ones and some blue ones. Size 6, because size 8 were too baggy and they don't sell size 4's.

As I was putting them away, I noticed a pair of jeans that I had bought at the very end of last year - size 8 from Primark. I remember them being a very tight fit, despite my old Primark size 8's fitting fine. I made excuses - "They're new, they need wearing in and stretching a bit. They're cheap - I expect Primark were cutting down on material or something!And it's Christmas - I'm bloated!"

Then I noticed my absolute favourite (and most expensive) jeans - size 8, high waisted, from Topshop, which I had bought just after Christmas. They are the only ones that look okay on me now - if they have been freshly washed so are shrunk a little, and with a belt done as tight as it would go. When I bought them they were a little snug too.

I tried to make similar excuses - but this time there was louder voice. "Stop making excuses! It's fat - you're just fat. Lose some weight."

I obeyed.

I am still obeying.

6 comments:

  1. oh that must have been a great feeling! being much too small for your jeans?! good job. I need to get there. I'm working on it...slowly. I was there once and I want to get back. good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, it feels so wonderful when your clothes start looking too baggy on you, huh? Well done!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done!! :) I can't wait to get myself a new wardrobe :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! I love when my clothes are too big and I need a smaller size. I can't wait until I've lost enough that I am happy and can maintain! Then I'll buy new clothes that fit perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to buy new clothes. noticing nothing looks right because its all too baggy is an aamzing feeling

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!! Your hard work is definitely paying off. The too-baggy feeling is amazing, isn't it? (: I'm sure you'll out-shrink the UK size 6 soon, and if there's no sizes there that are smaller than UK size 4, try ordering double zeroes from the US. (:

    ReplyDelete