Coffee and smokes and cold Diet Cokes are what pretty girls are made of. x. Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you will land among the stars.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Diet days tickers

LilySlim Diet days tickers

Monday 11 July 2011

"a free ride when you've already paid"

firstly - thank you all for your lovely comments on my last post. they made me smile and feel good about myself - something which hasn't happened in ages. you guys rock :) i feel so lucky to "know" you.

now: onto my title.

a couple of things have happened in the last week or so that, if they had come a month or so earlier - i would have loved - but now i don't really need them. to begin with - i don't get hungry any more. or i  don't recognise it. the smallest thing can fill me up. i also hardly ever have cravings, and i just don't want food. this would have been perfect when i was restricting - but now i need to maintain - even (could i possibly?!) gain a couple of pounds. today i am definitely feeling the effects of my diet - i do not feel well.

i had to force myself to eat something for breakfast more than a quarter grapefruit. i managed to eat two go ahead yogurt slices and even a mini mr kipling choc chip cake. i had to stuff them in my mouth though, and i felt - and feel - so sick. i know that i could have chosen a healthier breakfast but i thought i would challenge myself - a mr kipling cake bar would have been gone in seconds a year ago, but no... just under 350 calories. i suppose to other people that's normal. to me - it's loads..

secondly - i have my job back at tesco for the summer. and the hours i am contracted are perfect for fasting. saturday 4.00 till 9.00, sunday 1.00 till 4.15 and any overtime i can get. so far the overtime (and my contracted hours) run over "normal" dinner and lunch times. again - a month or so this would have been a blessing. i could tell my mum that i didn't need dinner because i had/will have something at work. and working distracts me from being hungry - despite being surrounded by food - it doesn't make me want to eat it.

i had a wander around on my break to see if i could tempt myself with what i would have eaten a year ago.
  • past the bakery section - absolutely not
  • sweets and chocolate? don't be silly
  • the crisp aisle - maybe some snack-a-jacks? nope.
  • fridges - all that pasta and processed meat? yuck
  • the "food on the go" section. i picked up some sushi. then put it down.
  • the fruit and veg aisle. that's more like it. i'll have an apple. a small one.
luckily the canteen was empty.

i've done all the work - but now i get all these helping hands. but i need to stop! i don't feel good.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that you don't feel hungry anymore, being able to appreciate food as some sort of award for my hard work is something that i really enjoy.

    But anyway your pictures look absolutely stunning! and your stats are amazing, you have no reason to worry.

    I also share your interests in psych, reading, writing and sketching..just take a look at my blog! good luck sweetie, have a great day. love from ur new follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you feel sick. if foods like cakes are making you sick maybe you should try a healthy diet, but don't restrict just eat clean healthy food. You system might not be able to handle harsh foods right now. I hope this gets easier for you.

    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm sorry you're struggling :( i don't get hungry anymore either, yesterday when i broke my fast, i had 1/2 a bagel then later i just had some soup and water and i was full for hours. my friend didn't understand, and i felt kind of scared that i already don't like food...it's only been a few months....

    hang in there honey. it'll get better. and if you start to feel really overwhelmed, maybe you could talk to your boyfriend or your parents, i'm sure they would help you stay safe without forcing you to feel uncomfortable.

    much love dear <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I am so sorry to hear that you are struggling.
    Part of me wishes I could say I do not get hungry anymore, either.
    But no.
    I am hungry all the freakin' time.
    Sigh.
    I hope that things get better for you soon!
    Hang in there. <3

    ReplyDelete