Coffee and smokes and cold Diet Cokes are what pretty girls are made of. x. Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you will land among the stars.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Diet days tickers

LilySlim Diet days tickers

Friday 15 July 2011

so know i'm gonna stay right here; because you saved my life once

sometimes putting my ipod on shuffle can be disasterous; bringing up embarrasing songs i forgot i had, songs which ruin my mood, dredge up old, horrible memories, etc. but today it has behaved itself - choosing the most perfect "pick me up" song from a gorgeous band that i used to be obsessed with, but havent listened to in ages.

 

for anyone who watches One Tree Hill; Wakey!Wakey! is Grubbs' band in real life - i think all of the songs he sung on the show are his own work, and there have been other songs used in older episodes as background music. these are a few of my favourites :)

this one reminds me of my boyfriend<3
This one is beautiful:

 

and this one is just fun :)






And this is an extract of lyrics from one song that i don't think was ever officially recorded, but i found the lyrics and they spoke to me.
You have a tendency to not say things that come to mind,
And wait until the worst of times to say that you're afraid
you have a tendency, to bury all these things inside,
and let them grow and let them thrive
and I am certain it is too late now,



6 comments:

  1. I listened to the whole cd on grooveshark and I like them! Thanks for making me discover a band that I like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm I don't usually like that genre of music but these songs were really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had some odd moments when old songs come on my ipod. :/ it's strange how we can have such intense, vivid memories associated with a piece of music. And how certain memories can ruin a good piece of music forever. Like as much as I adore Dvorak, [giant nerd alert] I can't listen to his 3rd symphony because it reminds me so much of my last year in Philadelphia, which SUCKED.

    Amsterdam sounds amazing, I'd love to go there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Niiice.
    I love new bands and songs I have never heard of. :)
    Thanks for broadening my musical horizons today. :D
    Hope you are doing well.
    Stay positive, stay beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comment! Be they're older or younger, teenage brothers are always such a pain in the arse! They should just be dragged out into the street and shot! Kidding! I get my pictures on Google Image Search and Wehearit!

    I love listening to cheesy 70's prog-rock, it's so embarrassing! It reminds me of my teenage years for some weird reason!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgvnZIxOX08

    Hope you have a great weekend! <3. XXX.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like this! so far i've only listened to the first one, but it seems so uplifting and beautiful, these songs are well thought out :)

    ReplyDelete