Coffee and smokes and cold Diet Cokes are what pretty girls are made of. x. Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you will land among the stars.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Diet days tickers

LilySlim Diet days tickers

Wednesday 19 January 2011

If only there was a degree in procrastination...

–verb (used without object)
1.
to defer action; delay: to procrastinate until an opportunity is lost.
Surely me writing this is another signal to myself that I should get on with my work, but no, I seem to be an expert in discovering absolutely anything to do - other than what I should be doing. 
For example, today, instead of getting on with a report and seminar preparation, I have :
  • Spent an unhealthy amount of time on Facebook (no changes there. Despite me being consciously aware of how completely un-stimulating it is, I can not help but scroll down the endless list of random snippets of the lives of people I hardly know.)
  • Made countless adventures to the kitchen to make green tea (because I have "nothing else to do")
  • Found a website that streams all episodes of Desperate Housewives (because you can never watch too much of that)
  • Stared out of my window at by passers.
  • Played with Blu-tac.
  • Scrolled through a large amount of embarrassingly drunken photos of myself and my friends (mainly ones of myself, as my friends are lovely enough to document every cringe-worthy moment, while I live by the philosophy that a camera is not your friend on a night out, and why would you want to spend time with someone that doesn't like you?)
  • And countless other "productive" activities.
Tooooo be fair, I am in a lull; having finished my last exam of this term on Monday, and having the rest of the week "off" while everyone else finishes their exams, I feel like I do not need to work. But I know I should, and I am sure that I will regret even writing this post when I am rushing to finish my assignment at 3am the night before it is due in. Fuuuuun.
On another note: Harry Potter themed night at Club Oceana tomorrow, YUSSSSS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment